Waystream gets repeat orders worth 6,6 MSEK through its partner Netnordic
Waystream, who develops and sells access equipment to fiber-based broadband networks, has via its partner Netnordic AB received several repeat orders of access equipment. The total order value is approximately 6.6 MSEK.
The access equipment, comprising of the ASR6000, the MS4000 and related SFPs, will be shipped immediately. The equipment will be used for expanding existing networks among several of Netnordic’s clients, who deliver fiber based broadband networks targeting households and businesses.
The equipment will be delivered to the following end customers:
- Affärsverken, who owns, builds, and operates Karlskrona’s fiber based city network reaching 14.000 households and companies
- Borås Elnät, who is a municipality-owned company offering a fiber based communications network in Borås, reaching approximately 9.000 households and 700 businesses
- MittNät, who offers fiber based broadband in the municipalities Arvika, Forshaga, Hammarö, Karlstad, Munkfors and Åmål
- Vökby Bredband, who is an operator and service provider of fiber based communications services to the municipalities Vadstena, Ödeshög, Kinda, Boxholm, and Ydre
- Öresundskraft, who owns, operates and builds out the city network in Helsingborg and Bjuv, and offers services via Höganäs Energi and Björnekulla IT
- Pite Energi, who offers fiber based broadband networks to businesses, households and to the municipality administration within the Piteå municipality.
– We are of course very pleased with Netnordic’s and our common customers’ continued confidence. We have delivered network equipment as the customers have grown their fiber based networks targeting Swedish end users. The demand seems to continue to grow fast in Sweden, just as in the rest of Europe, says Johnny Hedlund, CEO at Waystream.
Fiber networks is the fastest growing broad band technology in Sweden and Sweden is one out of seven countries in Europe that has more than 1 million active fiber connections. According to Heavy Reading’s calculations the number of active fiber connections in Sweden will grow to 2,2 million by 2019.
In the coming years, the market for fiber is expected to double in Europe which means that the 31 million connections achieved in 2014 is predicted to reach 62 million in the next four years. This translates to 20% of European homes being connected to fiber networks (FTTH/FTTB) by 2019.
For more information, please contact:
Johnny Hedlund, CEO Waystream
Mobile: +46 (0) 734 – 38 23 29
Waystream develops and sells high-quality and advanced digital infrastructure, such as routers and switches. With our products and expertise, we make it possible for telecom operators and service providers to offer reliable and user-centric network services with the best features. Our products are smart, simple to configure and maintain, and are designed to create the best end user experience.
The company is listed on the NASDAQ OMX First North stock exchange, under the WAYS ticker. Waystream's Certified Advisor is Avanza Bank (www.avanza.se).
 European FTTH Forecast, 2014-2019 - Graham Finnie, Analyst at Large, Heavy Reading